There are several solutions that we think could make giant strides on the road towards clean transport.
– Force the government to release all areas in the Netherlands for the use of LHVs (30 to 40 CO2 / NOX savings);
– Challenge transporters to register empty kilometers and to make this part of every carrier who already has a Lean & Green award or wants to get one;
– Require shippers to request inspection from transporters and to be jointly responsible for these empty kilometers and the reduction thereof;
– Agree on a CO2/empty km reduction in every contract between carriers and shippers, even contractually;
– Establish sustainability at board level;
– To charge empty kilometers more heavily when we switch to a kilometer charge for trucks;
– forcing customers to adapt their processes to transport instead of the other way around;
– View packaging in relation to readily available, more or less standard transport material;
– Eliminate time deliveries, for example 10% less or mandatory pricing every year.
Email us your similar ideas to info @ cleanroadtransport.com and we will publish them here.
See how you can apply for the Lean & Green stars by Connekt.